Thursday, 1 March 2012

Bin Laden Death Coverup Continues: Compound Demolished

The total destruction of the death scene makes it much less likely independent verification of the official narrative will ever be established, though considering that no evidence proving Bin Laden was actually killed in the compound has ever been provided by the authorities, this weekend's events are hardly surprising.

The official account stretched credulity from the outset and changed significantly in the days and weeks following the Navy SEALS' attack. At first we were told that Bin Laden had offered resistance by firing a weapon at the SEALS, but it was soon admitted that the person shot had not in fact been armed. If the unarmed individual shot dead posed no threat, then it is hard to view his death as anything other than a cold-blooded execution. The claim that Bin Laden cowered behind his wife, who was initially reported to have been killed whilst her husband used her as a human shield, also had to be retracted.

The most notoriously suspicious aspect of the official narrative was the prompt whisking away from Abbottabad of Bin Laden's corpse, and its burial at sea -- an event US officials absurdly tried to claim was carried out so as to be in accordance with Islamic tradition. Islam does permit burial at sea in certain circumstances -- usually when someone has died at sea -- but as the man killed was firmly on dry land and a significant distance from the North Arabian sea in which his body was dumped, such a claim is highly questionable.

Equally dubious were official US protestations of concern for respecting the Islamic tradition of swiftly washing, shrouding and burying the deceased. Not only had this tradition been ignored in other similar killings, such as those of Saddam Hussein's sons Uday and Qusay, Bin Laden was the world's most wanted man -- possession of his body, and evidence of such possession, would surely have been of greater importance to the US than the possible offence taken by a minority of devout Muslims.

US authorities similarly refused to release photographs of Bin Laden's corpse, claiming that Muslims might be offended and Bin Laden's supporters provoked into committing terrorist attacks on the West. That previously non-violent Muslims would become so enraged by a photo of Bin Laden's corpse so as to join Al-Qaeda and commit terror attacks is unbelievable, and, again, inconsistent with the earlier publication of gruesome images of Muslims killed by the US military.

A video was released by US authorities, said to have been recovered from the compound and claiming to show a living, aged Bin Laden, but it was widely ridiculed by locals -- one identifying the man in the video as his neighbour, who he named as "Akbar Khan". Only one local spoken to by the BBC thought that the man in the video was Bin Laden, and many claimed they did not believe Bin Laden had been killed there, or indeed ever lived there.

With the body safely out of the way, and no evidence presented to confirm that the man killed was really Osama Bin Laden -- beyond a claim, impossible to independently verify, that DNA samples taken from the body matched Bin Laden's -- many skeptics quite reasonably and rationally expressed doubt at the official narrative
.
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/bin-laden-death-coverup-continues.html


[Posted at the SpookyWeather blog, March 1st, 2012.]

No comments: